Due to the recent inclement weather days, the following includes the make-up day schedule for the 2018-2019 school year. The district will continue to follow the scheduled make-up days noted on the school calendar.
INCLEMENT WEATHER DAY MAKE-UP DAY
November 26, 2018 May 20, 2019
November 27, 2018 May 21, 2019
November 28, 2018 May 22, 2019
January 14, 2019 May 23, 2019
January 23, 2019 May 24, 2019
This year will bring new and old games alike. We will have an inflatable obstacle course that will leave everyone sliding right on into the fun. Back by popular demand is the open-air photo booth where everyone will have the opportunity to take silly photos with all of their friends; the Pucker Powder machine will be a sweet treat. Former games that are always a hit include Plinko, Pop Toss, Cake Walk, and Baseball Throw. New games are being added this year too! Please join us for dinner, which will include Papa Murphy's Pizza, chips, nachos and candy. Be sure to stop by and check out the silent auction baskets in the cafeteria. Wristbands are available for pre-sale for $10 until January 18th, and then available at the door for $12. Bulldog shirts are being sold by PTO.
Thank you for your continued support!
A one-day public health service event for adults. For the uninsured and underserved in the area. There is NO COST for most services received at this event.
Childcare will be provided by the Santa Fe High School Child Development Class.
This event is being organized by the Health Care Collaborative of Rural Missouri, local Service Providers, businesses, civic groups, churches and citizens in this area.
Volunteers, Service Providers, and Sponsors are needed. Please e-mail Chris at HCC email@example.com or call (660) 251-0751 for more information.
Volunteer and Service Provider Application
Friday, February 22, 2019, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm held at the Lexington United Methodist Church, 1211 S Hwy 13, Lexington, MO 64067
ANTICIPATED SERVICE INFORMATION BOOTHS AND ENROLLMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
• SNAP/EBT Enrollment
• ACA & Medicaid Enrollment, Dental and Behavioral Health Screenings (Live Well Community Health Centers)
• Home State Health
• Baby Grace and Women’s Resource Center
• Vocational Rehabilitation and DMV
• WIC and Nutritional Education
• VA Resources/Veteran’s Resources
• Senior Life Solutions, DFS/Children’s Services, and Easter Seals Midwest
• Lafayette County Health Department
• Nursing and In-Home Care/Services
• Missouri Valley Community Action
• West-Central Independent Living Solutions
EXAMPLE OF POSSIBLE SERVICES PROVIDED—ALL SERVICES ARE FREE (except for mammograms):
• Dental Extractions
• Behavioral health screenings and help
• Height, weight, blood pressure check, etc.
• Immunizations voucher, (good for 14 days)
• Hair-cuts and smoke detectors sign-ups
• Birth/death certificate voucher, (good for 14-days)
• Vision and hearing screenings
• MO Driver’s License & photo ID voucher, (good for 14 days)
• Diagnostic Imaging Mammography Van (mammogram flyer)
• Pregnancy tests and Women’s resources
• Medicare assistance and Medicaid help
• Many other resources!
• Lunch, snacks, drinks and LOTS of extras!
For more information, please contact the Health Care Collaborative of Rural MO (660) 259-2440.
Dr. Jon W. Oetinger has been employed as the Odessa R-VII Superintendent of Schools for the 2019-2020 school year. By a unanimous vote of the Board of Education, Dr. Oetinger was extended a two-year contract at the December 11, 2018, Regular Board of Education Meeting.
Dr. Oetinger received his Bachelor degree from Newman University in 1995; Master and Specialist degrees from Missouri State University in 2001 and 2004, respectively; and his Doctorate degree from Lindenwood University in 2010.
Currently, Dr. Oetinger is serving the Carrollton R-VII School District, as Superintendent of Schools, where he has been since 2013. Previously, he has served the Waynesville R-VII School District as Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations from 2006-2013; Halfway R-III School District as Superintendent from 2003-2006 and High School Principal from 2002-2003.
Dr. Oetinger and his family presently reside in Carrollton, Missouri, and will be relocating to Odessa when he begins the responsibilities as Superintendent of Schools on July 1, 2019.